[Bska] Suggested BSkA rating system

John McLeod john at pagat.com
Tue Mar 8 19:44:54 EST 2005

Several players have expressed interest in having a system that assigns
to each player a rating based on their performance in BSkA Synchron Skat
tournaments.

My suggestion for such a system has now been published on the BSkA web
site. It assigns to everyone who has played in one or more BSkA Synchron
tournaments a rating in the range 0 to 100. New players start at 20, and
players who consistently achieve above average results will eventually
have ratings of 50 or more.

The document http://www.weddslist.com/skat/rating/ explains in detail
what the proposed system tries to achieve and how it works. There is
also a chart http://www.weddslist.com/skat/rating/rating.gif showing the
movement of some players' actual ratings since the start of 2004 using
this system. A spreadsheet containing the calculation of all players'
ratings since we began holding Synchron Skat tournaments in 2001 is
available at http://www.weddslist.com/skat/rating/rating.xls

Any comments would be welcome.
--
John McLeod                      For information on card games visit
john at pagat.com                   http://www.pagat.com/