[Bska] Skat at MSO 2007

David Parlett skat at davidparlett.co.uk
Thu May 3 07:52:44 EDT 2007

Dear Skat-player

The 2007 Minds Sports Olympiad is now scheduled for Saturday August 18th
to Monday 27th (Bank Holiday). Last year's venue is unfortunately not
available and this year's will take place in the United Reformed Church
Hall, Darkes Lane, Potters Bar (about 10 minutes walk from the station
and with adequate car parking facilities).

We have been invited to organise a Skat tournament and previous
experience suggests that a Saturday or Sunday would be best. Saturday
18th is the date of a BSkA tournament at the Plough, when we will be
joined by our friends from Denmark, and Sunday 19th is only available to
us in the morning. We had therefore better make it the following
Saturday or Sunday, 25th or 26th.

The MSO needs to recover its costs from entry fees and the event would
cost about £15 per player, with a reduction for under 19s. There will be
trophies (not medals) awarded to the top three players. There are no
cash prizes unless an independent sponsor is found.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you would like to play at the
MSO and whether you can make either Saturday or Sunday or, if not, which
one you can do. As soon as we have a minimum of six probable players for
one of the two days I will book it with Tony Corfe, who is at present
trying to timetable everything.

I promised Tony I'd let him know by next week whether we had enough
potential players to make a booking, so a rapid response (whether
positive or negative) would be much appreciated.

Best regards
--
David Parlett
President, British Skat Association