[Bska] Future meetings of the British Skat Association

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 10:47:13 EST 2008

At our meeting yesterday in The Plough, Museum Street, London, we
learned that the upstairs room of The Plough is to be renovated, and we
will no longer be able to meet in The Plough.

For our next meeting, we have found a pub which can provide a room for
us.  This is the "Bloomsbury pub".  It is very near The Plough,
south-west from it, just across Holborn.  You can reach it from
Tottenham, Court Road underground station, by walking east along Holborn
until you see it on the right.  It serves food, and an excellent range
of real beers.

However, it has disadvantages.  It is not open on Sundays;  so our
mid-March meeting has been rescheduled from Sunday 13th to Saturday
12th. Also, the upstairs room which we have engaged is rather small.  It
can accommodate, at the very most, six 3-players tables or five 4-player
tables.  Even at these number, it will be very crowded.  So we are
looking for another venue for meetings from April onwards.  If you know
of anything suitable, please let me know.  We will keep you informed via
this list.

Nick
Nick Wedd    nick at maproom.co.uk