[Bska] Skat tournament in London - 12th April

John McLeod john at pagat.com
Sat Mar 29 07:36:28 EDT 2008

Dear Skat-player

The next BSkA Skat tournament will take place on Saturday 12th April at
The Powerhouse Sporting Club (also known as the Gutshot Poker Club),
44-48 Clerkenwell Road, London, EC1M 5PS. The nearest underground
station is Farringdon. Its web site is
http://www.gutshot.com/e/card_club/cardclub.php

This is our first tournament in this venue: if it proves popular we may
adopt it as a regular location for our events. It is a private members'
club with a bar and restaurant and facilities for other games as well
(including poker). Membership of the Powerhouse Sporting Club is free,
and you are welcome to join, for which you will need to bring photo ID.
However, you do not need to be a member of the Powerhouse Sporting Club
to play in our Skat tournament.

Both members and non-members will pay an admission charge of £3 on the
door. This is in addition to our usual £5 entry fee for the tournament.

Play will start at 11:30am. We will follow the usual pattern of four
sessions of duplicate Skat, lasting about 90 minutes each, with a break
for lunch after the first session, aiming to finish before 8pm.
Further details is available on the BSkA web site at
http://www.weddslist.com/skat/ or feel free to ask any questions by
replying to this message.

I would be grateful if you could let me know a few days in advance
whether you plan to take part, so that we can inform the club what
players to expect and know what prizes we can afford. You can email me
at john at pagat.com or call me on 020 7636 9653. People who have not
registered in advance are still welcome to enter by coming to the
Powerhouse Sporting Club on the day. You can be admitted to the club as
a guest and we will and we will do our best to include you in the
tournament.

On the day, please try to arrive before 11:15. If you will be arriving
later than this, please call my mobile 07736 518738 or send a message to
let me know at what time you expect to be there (this applies whether or
not have registered in advance). Players who do not appear or send a
message by 11:15 are not guaranteed a place in the first session.

Looking forward to seeing you on 12th April.
--
John McLeod                      For information on card games visit
john at pagat.com                   http://www.pagat.com/