[Bska] Congratulations to Uwe!

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 07:52:03 EDT 2008

Congratulations to Uwe Greiner, for winning yesterday's Duplikat Skat
tournament!  The results list is at
http://www.weddslist.com/skat/results/ma01/results.html

This was our first meeting at the Marlborough Arms, a pub in Bloomsbury.
It appeared to me an excellent venue, offering a larger room than any of
our previous London pub venues, with good food and beer.  We had feared
that if there were fewer than fifteen of us they might be unwilling to
let us play there again (using a room that could accommodate 28 skat
players).  In fact we were only ten.  But while we were there they were
not busy, and they seemed happy with the custom we brought, and have
allowed us to meet there again for our next event, on October 26th.

Nick
Nick Wedd    nick at maproom.co.uk