[Bska] Skat tournament in London on Sunday 26th October

John McLeod john at pagat.com
Fri Oct 3 08:42:25 EDT 2008

Dear Skat player

I hope you will be able to join us on Sunday 26th October for our second
Skat tournament at the Marlborough Arms pub, 36 Torrington Place, London
WC1E 7HJ. It's just off the Tottenham Court Road - the nearest station
is Goodge Street (Northern Line) but Warren Street (Victoria Line) and
Euston Square (Circle Line) and Tottenham Court Road (Central Line) are
not far away.

Players of all abilities and levels of experience are welcome. We shall
follow our usual format with four sessions of duplicate (Synchron) Skat.
Play starts at 11:30 and there is a lunch break after the first session,
the whole event finishing at around 7pm. Those who can't be there all
day are welcome to play in just some of the sessions, but you would need
to play all four to have a good chance of winning a prize.

The entry fee is £8.50 per player. Registration is between 11:00am and
11:15 and players should arrive not later than 11:15 to be included in
the draw for the first session. If you are delayed and will arrive after
11:15 please call or text me on 07736 518738 to let me know what time
you expect to be there. Players who do not appear or send a message by
11:15 are not guaranteed a place in the first session.

I would be grateful if you could also let me know in advance, if
possible by Thursday 23rd October, whether you intend to play. Having a
good idea of the likely number of players helps with the organisation of
the event, and determines what prizes we can afford.

Looking forward to seeing you on 26th October.
--
John McLeod                      For information on card games visit
john at pagat.com                   http://www.pagat.com/