[Bska] Doko tournament: change of date and venue

Jackie Damant jdamant at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 20 07:01:24 EDT 2010

Dear all,

It is September and as promised, I am reminding you of the Doplekopf tournament. However, there is a change in the date and venue.

The Doko tournament will be held on OCTOBER 24th at Noel Leaver's flat in London (Paddington St Tube). Address below:

First Floor, 84 Gloucester Terrace, London W2 3HH
(Ring outside bell, when in hallway ring "first floor" bell on right hand side.)

Several of you have expressed interest in playing, but say they have never played before. As we do not want to discourage first-time Doko players from coming, we will be holding a tutorial session before the actual tournament starts. The timetable will look something like this:

11:00
Arrival and registration
Tutorial for new players

12:00 Tournament starts

18:30-ish tournament ends.

For those of you who want to familiarise yourselves with the game, a description of the game and the rules can be found on: http://www.pagat.com/schafk/doko.html.  Please note that DOKO rules vary from one region of Germany to the next (as I am told by Thomas, from north of the Wurstgrenze). We will clarify the rules which we will use on the day of the tournament.

We will attempt to play 4 rounds, where we will have lunch after the first round.  There will be prizes and food which means we will be collecting a player's fee of £5.  Beer and soft drinks will also be available and will be charged seperately at cost.

Since Doko requires 4 people per table, it will make organising the day (as well as the prizes) much easier if we know you intend to come in advance. Please reply to me, Jackie at:

jdamant at hotmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

kind regards,
Jackie