[Bska] Skat tournament Sat Nov 27th

miketob at aol.com miketob at aol.com
Sat Nov 13 09:08:49 EST 2010

Hello All,

Our next tournament will be held on Saturday Nov 27th at our usual venue, the Young Chelsea Bridge Club, 32 Barkston Gardens, Earl's Court, London SW5 0EN, 2 min walk from Earls Ct tube (Earls Ct Rd exit). .

There will be breaks between each round so that people can chat, go to the bar etc, rather than playing the afternoon sessions back to back as we normally do. This may mean we play fewer hands than usual, but the aim is for the day to be fun, rather than serious.

As we've done a couple of times before, we'll be dealing the cards normally at each table, which will allow lady luck to play a bigger part.  There will be prizes, not just for the overall tournament, but also for things like best session score, hand won against the most matadors etc, so that everyone's in with a shout of winning something even on the last hand of the day.

The premises open at 11:00. As with our previous events, registration will be between 11-00 and 11-15, play will start at 11-30, and consist of 4 rounds of Skat, ending approx 6-30pm. The entry fee is £9.00, and you are welcome to play any or all of the rounds.

We encourage players of ALL abilities, and aim for an enjoyable, as well as a competitive day.

Light lunches are available, very reasonably priced.

To give me an idea of numbers, it would help if you let me know in advance if you intend to play, (The more entrants I know about, the more I spend on prizes) but late entries can be accepted on the day if you find yourself unexpectedly free. Just phone or text me before 11-00am on 07940 591263.

Feel free to phone or email me with any questions, and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the 26th.

Mike Tobias