[Bska] Skat in Oxford

Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 10:18:49 EDT 2011

Dear Skat players,

I will probably be organising a Duplikat Skat event in Oxford, sometime
in the next couple of months.  It will have the same, or a similar,
format to our regular London events.  As for our London events, you will
be able to take part in just some of the rounds if you wish.

     DATES

The following dates are possible.
   Saturday October 8
   Sunday   October 9
   Saturday October 15
   Sunday   October 16
   Saturday October 22
   Sunday   October 23
   Saturday November 5
   Sunday   November 6
If you are interested in taking part, please let me know which of these
dates would be possible for you.  Once I have enough definite
participants, I will book a date.

   VENUE

We will play in The Kite, in Mill Street, Oxford.

The Kite is a traditional pub, serving a choice of real beers, and cheap
but substantial portions of food.  Our plan is to play there from 11:00
until about 19:00.  If we play on a Sunday, they will open specially for
us at 11:00, but will be unable to serve anything alcoholic before 12:00.

To find the Kite from Oxford railway station, go south from the main
station building until you reach Botley Road (about 100 yards).  Turn
right (West) along Botley Road for 100 yards, under the railway bridge,
and then take the first left, Mill Street. Go along Mill Street for 100
yards, and at its junction with its first side street (Russell Street)
on the right you will find The Kite.

    HOW TO TAKE PART

If you are interested in playing, please let me know soon, so I can fix
a date.  Once the date is fixed, I shall email all those who have shown
interest.

Nick
-- Nick Wedd nick at maproom.co.uk