[Bska] would like to resume playing Skat after years (if not almost decades) of having stopped playing, since I moved to the US in 1990

Rudi Schadt rschadt1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 4 09:58:17 EST 2012

Dear Skat enthusiasts:

I used to be a passionate Skat player, but living abroad has made it
virtually impossible to find other similarly inclined Skat fans. I have
always enjoyed the mix of strategic thinking, social interaction and
conversation that can come from having regular Skat rounds with friends in
the past, when I was living in Germany. I even managed to teach some
Americans to play Skat back in the late 70's, and was always intrigued how
to translate some of the terms. Back in the early 90's I tried to learn
Bridge after returning to the US, but did not invest enough time to really
fully understand and enjoy it, because there seemed a lot of similarities
between Bridge and Skat.

So, if any of you in the London metro area want to add me to your Skat
rounds, or even have me observe once, before I jump back into what I used to
love so much, I would appreciate to hearing from you. It would still take me
a short period of time to get used to playing Skat again in English (even
though I once made up terms myself, which are not necessarily the ones I now
see here on your various websites).

I am in my fifties, and working here in London on 3-week spells, but my home
is in Long Island (US), near New York City. It is one of my regrets that I
could never get my American wife and my now 14 year old daughter to enjoy
Skat, even though they like some card and board games. Such is life!

Cheers,

rudi

Rudi Schadt

London - until Nov.17, 2012, and again from Dec. 3 to Dec. 22, 2012 on work
assignments)

72 Ladbroke Grove, flat # 3, Notting Hill

work mobile  +1-281-433-3134

private cell +1-917-880-0589 (use it on weekends)

(the US cell phone # are working in London)

Work phone: 020-7065-4027 at Invesco (30 Finsbury Square, London City)