[Bska] The Kite, in Oxford

Nick Wedd maproom at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 15:10:56 EDT 2017

Dear Skat player,

We've held several Skat tournaments in The Kite, near Oxford railway
station. People sometimes ask me when the next one will be. But for the
last couple of years, it's been unreliable, with changes of management and
unexpected closures. It recently reopened as an upmarket steak house, "The
Porterhouse". You can read about it, and see parts of its menu, on its
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/porterhouseox/

John and I checked it out two weeks ago. Its steaks are expensive, ranging
from £25 to over £75, but it also does cheaper meals, with starters from £5
to £8 and main courses from £14 to £22. There are now only three real
beers, all at over £4 a pint. But they're happy to let us play Skat there
at no extra charge, and are open from 08:00 to 23:15, so there'll be no
problem with an early start, even on a Sunday.

I'm thinking of holding a Skat tournament there this summer, and another
after the start of October.  I need to establish that there'll be enough
players, and select dates. So if you might be interested, please fill in
the Doodle Poll at  http://doodle.com/poll/22zea2hhrifsuvgx

Nick
Nick Wedd      maproom at gmail.com