[Bska] May's online Skat tournament. Play when it suits you.

Mike Tobias Miketobias at protonmail.com
Fri May 8 07:57:34 EDT 2020

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to all of you who've signed up for May's online tournament. If you haven't already and would like to play, please let me know by this Sunday and/or enter you name on the spreadsheet linked to below.

You play at a time that suits the three players at your table.

The platform we'll be using is the Skatlite app available from googleplay or the istore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.isarinteractive.skat.android.ad
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/skat-lite/id574907037
or its paid for version Skat HD (£6.49)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.isarinteractive.skat.android.hd
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/skat/id304770340

How it will work.
1. To enter, just send me your name by May 10th and/or enter it on this spreadsheet https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=97B55E08AABF2D89!74474&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!AEnopJfZCXc2oqQ
2. Download the app and get used to it, ask any questions you may have.
3. On May 11th, I'll do a random draw for two sessions and send you the email addresses of your four opponents, along with instructions on how to set up online play
4. Arrange to play the two sessions (36 hands each) before the end of May, at times that suit the three of you.
5. Send me the results.

Simple. No entry fees. No prizes. Just a bit of fun

.If this proves successful, and we're still social distancing, we'll play July's tournament over four sessions.

Why the app? An obvious disadvantage is a small screen unless you have an ipad or tablet, but apart from that it ticks all the boxes. In particular, if a game is interrupted for any reason and you can't continue, you can simply reschedule, and when you're all online at the same time it will automatically resume where you left off. It also keeps a record of all your games, both online and against the app's AI, allowing you to look back at scores and even to see how individual hands were played, trick by trick. The free version has ads which are fairly unobtrusive online, but against the computer opponents you'll probably want to use airplane mode.

Regards,

Mike