[casual_games] Developing Games on OS X

James Marsden james at futurlab.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 18:26:48 EDT 2006

Hello all,

This is my first post, but I've been reading for a while. I'm currently
writing games with ActionScript 2.0, but I'm thinking of learning C++
and OpenGL so I can get into making some basic 3D games (not into Lingo
for Director at the moment).

I have a Mac at home, and that's where I'm going to need to do my
learning, but has anyone here got experience making games on a Mac using
Objective C/C++. I've read that Cocoa and Xcode is the most joyful of
all development environments, but what is it like porting games built on
a Mac to the PC?

Thanks in advance!

James