[casual_games] more cloning debate

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Thu Aug 17 14:31:20 EDT 2006

Even if they were prohibited from porting their
game, it is no excuse or defense to someone else
doing it by stealing it and slapping a different
name on it.  I am no saying that they have a
valid claim.  And there is certainly the
possibility of some bullying going on by those
who can afford legal counsel against those whop
can't.  Heck, MS does this all the time.  But I
still think that the almost complete lack of
respect for IP rights in the casual game space is
not healthy.  Game developers have been perpetual
victims in the industry for years and so much so
that they even victimize each other.  I mean what's with that?

Tom B

that At 12:08 PM 8/17/2006, you wrote:

>>If I'm not mistaken, they can not port to other platforms due to the MS deal.
>>
>>They are locked into XLA for some time, if not forever.
>>
>>Ron
>
>I find that hard to believe with Wik, Zuma,
>Marble Blast, Astro Pop, etc. etc. all on XBLA...
>http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/livearcadexbox360/default.htm
>
>So are you saying the exclusivity only applies
>to games that had not previously been released
>as PC downloadable titles?  Either way, if the
>GW devs signed an XBOX360 exclusivity deal while
>all of these other devs managed to retain their
>distribution rights, then we know where the
>fault lies on that  (assuming that's the case,
>which again I find hard to believe that they
>would do that without a pretty significant
>"signing bonus" or advance against royalties).

¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤
Thomas H. Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
T. H. Buscaglia and Associates
80 Southwest 8th Street, Suite 2100
Miami, FL  33130
Tel (305) 324-6000
Fax (305) 324-1111
http://www.gameattorney.com

Confidential:  This email contains communications
protected by the attorney-client privilege and
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
§§ 2510, et seq.   If you do not expect such a
communication from Thomas H. Buscaglia, please
attachment, and then notify Mr. Buscaglia at
thb at intelaw.com of this inadvertent misdelivery.