[casual_games] Slow death for the current generation of casualgames? (Bugs, Parental Controls & Game Explorer)

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 19 08:31:13 EST 2006

On 19/12/06, Allen Partridge <allen.partridge at iup.edu> wrote:

> Another possibility is to develop a CGRB – perhaps working with an

I see what you're saying, but I don't think there's any mileage in
adding yet another ratings system. These things are exclusive animals:
the more you have, the less valuable and effective each one is.

I would hope there is simply an option to have "unrated" games that
appear in their own category, and only get disappeared if a parent
chooses to disappear them. Frankly, all application software is
"unrated", so its somewhat ridiculous to "disappear" one small
category of that (although I can think of many good business reasons
they pretty much all come down to being leant on by bigger fish or
assuaging company political issues, or even assuaging lobbyist groups,
which IMHO is a very poor reason in the absolute sense, albeit an
extremely good reason in the
making-profit-and-not-getting-too-much-lobby-and-govt-attention sense)

Adam