[casual_games] Wrapper Speeds

Hal Barwood hal at finitearts.com
Wed Feb 8 15:11:51 EST 2006

Hello:

I'm developing in Flash (8), I'm a reasonably enlightened coder, and
performance of my projector app and swf-in-browser is just fine at 15fps
and 800x600 dots on both fast XP systems, slow (500MHz) 98SE machines,
and various Macs.  However, when I tried wrapping with Northcode's
latest Flash-Player-8-capable SWF Studio, speed dropped to approximately
60% of native.  Ouch, that's a huge hit.  So here's a question:  does
anyone out there have some info on Flash wrappers, which ones are best
(for whatever reasons), and which ones are simply the fastest, etc.?

Hal