[casual_games] Procedural rendering - again

Jonas Beckeman list at jobe.nu
Sun Jan 8 13:40:38 EST 2006

> However, I don't have infinite time, so I have to choose what
> do I do with my limited time.

I was more thinking in the lines of discussing what already exists and how
it can be used in the current GDKs, or putting pressure on the tool makers.

I've had a brief discussion with .theproddukt, and they're not averse to
licensing their technology, but they don't see enough demand for it. Their
.dll could probably easily be embedded or called from PopCap or Blitz or
whatever.

I bet there are other modular texture synthesizers out there, maybe open
source, that could be applied as well. If only there was an good and open
file format, then we'd soon see large free libraries of texture definitions
- which could reduce both download size and development time significantly.

/Jonas