[casual_games] RE: Casual_Games Digest, Vol 17, Issue 5

Hal Barwood hal at finitearts.com
Fri Oct 13 14:15:22 EDT 2006

Great biz thread, with pretty much everything covered.  My thought is,
we'll see about price elasticity now that Apple is adding pay-to-play
games to iTunes, definitely an alternative model.  Meanwhile, I can't
help lamenting what seems to be a shared ambition of many developers to
morph our sideshow into the mainstream video/computer game biz.  I'm
hoping casual games remain forever casual -- for the player and also the
developer.  Be careful what you wish for:  if casual games turn into
multi-million-$ projects in amazing 3D, mainstream developers &
publishers will become very heavy-duty competition, I believe.