[casual_games] Re: Better Casual Game Business Models

Jim Greer jimgreer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 11:49:39 EDT 2006

Alex's discussion of content-limited vs. time-limited DRM is a very good one
and has led them to a strategy that shares of lot of features of
Kongregate's. Our microtransactions will be geared towards developers
charging for premium content within their web games - which they upload a-la
YouTube. I've already described that here, and won't bore everyone with the
repititon. I will take the opportunity to announce that the first 10 days of
our private alpha have been great and have affirmed to us that we're on a
solid path. We haven't gotten to the microtransactions or the ads yet, so
we'll see if this continues to hold.

And to Joe's point, we're targeting a younger audience than the traditional
casual one, and more males.

Anyone who wants an invitations please feel free to contact me. If you want
to read about the strategy you can check out:

my blog:
http://jimonwebgames.com/articles/2006/10/19/kongregate-alpha-launches
Techcrunch piece:
http://techcrunch.com/2006/10/19/kongregate-a-next-generation-web-games-marketplace