[casual_games] Bug Tracking Software

Scott McNab scott.mcnab at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 23:19:00 EDT 2007

Hi,

I was introduced to Trac a couple of years back at a place I was
working and was so impressed it has been introduced it into all the
organisations I've worked at since. It provides bug/issue/feature
tracking but also with an inbuilt Wiki and really tight Subversion
integration:

http://trac.edgewall.org/

It is simpler to setup and more intuitive to use than Bugzilla, but
more importantly has the ability to seamlessly cross-reference between
tickets, repository revisions, wiki documents and even source code.
This kind of overall project integration really is invaluable once you
try it.

It also provides the usual management of project milestones, ticket
priorities, user tasks etc and there are a bunch of third-party
plugins are available for extra features such as time-tracking. Even
if you are not using Subversion you can still use Trac just for the
wiki and issue tracking system.

It is written in python and can take a bit of fiddling to get going
with Apache, but there is also a stand-alone server (tracd) which
makes it easy to get going and is more than sufficient for internal
use in most cases.

Hope that helps,
Scott