[casual_games] Yet another FPS? I say FP-YES! (was EA CEO calls video games "boring, " complicated: WSJ)

Joe Pantuso jpantuso at traygames.com
Mon Jul 9 16:00:37 EDT 2007

"The market for sports and fps franchises is pretty saturated."

I don't believe that (anymore, I once did). The growth of the casual
market, and what is considered casual, is ample evidence of room for
growth. It is apparent in things like the announced addition of simpliefied
control schemes on EA sports titles for the Wii (which is sure to expand
past the Wii before long).

We're in the midst of a fundamental shift in how people approach games as
entertainment again. A big part of that will include formerly 'hardcore'
genre themes appearing in more 'casual' titles.