[casual_games] Nintendo E3 Press Conference

Ben Lewis BLewis at Yatecgames.com
Wed Jul 11 14:28:31 EDT 2007

Did anyone else check this out? Reggie spent about 15 seconds talking
about WiiWare. =\

Their big new IP announcement was Wii Fit, which they expect to expand
their audience even more. The controller is a small scale-like platform
that you stand on/balance on/do push-ups on. It calibrates with your
center of gravity, and you control it through weight displacement. No
details on price or launch date.

I rolled my eyes when Miyamoto first started talking about it (I was
hoping for a game), but it seemed pretty brilliant by the end of the
presentation. I can see a couple million Wii owners buying this to get
in shape, given a price point < $99.

Thoughts?

Ben Lewis
Yatec Games