[casual_games] casual multiplayer set up

Gert-Jan Brok cglist at fantazm.com
Wed Mar 21 11:42:54 EDT 2007

This is more of a technical question, but we are in the progress of
creating a multiplayer casual game, that runs within the browser.
I was wondering if anyone on the list can give me some
information/guidelines for best practices on building real-time
multiplayer games that run inside the browser i.e. with Flash.
We are working with SmartFoxServer at the moment which seems to be a
solid platform with good performance.

A more concrete question is when we should perform syncing between
clients from the server, and when should we sync from a client host
(through the server)? Or are there better solutions for syncing clients
with eachother?

Gert-Jan
Fantazm