[casual_games] Casual Game Framework

oscar oscar oscar.oscar.oscar at gmail.com
Mon May 28 14:13:05 EDT 2007

XNA is developing. Not mature (YET) but worth exploration and implementation
down the road (from my myopic perspective).

The Torque engine has matured somewhat since its inception... and there's
always Shockwave and Flash. Platforms with MANY years and tens of thousands
(if not more) of experienced developers.

WildTangent (although I used to be all "F!@# WildTangent") has technologies
that are impressive.

Question is, is your demo a proof of concept, as in "this is what the
artistic style and user interaction" looks and feels like...

Or are you incrementally building the product from the ground up and want to
start using the technologies you will conclude the project with... NOW.

I've found that Flash is an AMAZING prototyping tool. But if you're project
is going to need things like realtime 3d, its not QUITE there yet.

End of the day... is it more important to show publishers what your vision
is, or do you spend the time and commit to a technology NOW?

Best of luck, and all that jazz.

oscar
some guy
who makes