[casual_games] Torque? Popcap? Or DIY?

Chris Dillman chrisd at plaidworld.com
Sat Oct 27 00:13:18 EDT 2007

I personally gave up on using TGB after a year of working with the betas.

I had the code and sent in my share of patches.

Instead of working with buggy betas or a clunky, slow non standard
scripting language
I was able to slap together a 2D tile engine for Mac/Win in a weekend using
SDL + GL + LUA. Example... http://www.bang2d.com

In the long run that will save a tone of time vs even trying to learn
enough TGB to make it
into a professional level game engine that can actually scale.

Want a nice professional engine / tool for games for Win/Mac

Take a look at http://unity3d.com/

It deploys to web also.

Wonderful stuff.

--