[casual_games] Encrypting text files

James Terry JTerry at yatecgames.com
Tue Jan 15 12:01:30 EST 2008

Only thing to keep in mind about zlib is that is doesn't support
encryption. For save files this is fine, the casual user won't be able
to go in and modify the save file to get to the last level, but if you
are putting DRM recognition in there, or if you are trying to keep
source files secret, you want to use some encryption in there. Blowfish
and other similar encryption/compression methods are simple to use,
especially if you set up an abstraction layer between your game and the
file system. Pull all the data through a save/load file method.

James R. Terry
Game Developer
Yatec Games
(225) 274-1550 Ext. 104