[casual_games] Casual Games Quarterly

James C. Smith james at reflexive.net
Tue Jan 22 13:09:04 EST 2008

If those trends in casual game core mechanics interest you then you should
definitely review the presentation I have as Casual Connect last year in
Seattle. The information is not quite as up to date, but it does include
several nice line and bar graphs rather than just grids of numbers. There is
a great chart showing the rise and fall of the Zuma clones on Real Arcade
and all the other games types over a 5 year span all in graphical form.
Plus, if you listen to the MP3 audio recording of the session, and fallow
along in the power-point slides, you can year some of my analysis. I think
I point you when key games were launched and later cloned such as Zuma and
Diner Dash.

Download this package form the CGA web site. It has the Power Point, the MP3
audio, plus a bonus Excel file with lots and lots of numbers.
<http://seattle.casualconnect.org/2007/Taper_Game_Sales_Charts_Analysis.zip>
ppt & podcast (41MB)

Or visit the CGA's
<http://www.casualgamesassociation.org/events_podcasts.php> Podcasts &
Slides web page where you can read about my Game-Sales-charts.com
presentation and many other presentation from Casual Connect.