[casual_games] Big piracy problem!

Bryan Wagstaff bryanw at xmission.com
Thu Jun 5 21:17:35 EDT 2008

>> What seems more alarming is when publisher evaluation copies make p2p

rounds way before the official publish date.

Our solution was to stick some graphical text on the front-end background
images customized for each reviewer: "EVALUATION COPY FOR: COMPANY X". We
used unlock keys containing the name of the company.

We haven't found any of those leaked. If we ever discovered a leaked
reviewer build, the source would be easy to track. I'm quite sure that any
publisher/reviewer would hate the publicity after their custom build
appeared in the wild.