[casual_games] Casual games on Steam

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Tue Apr 28 11:30:18 EDT 2009

I have several clients selling on Steam...Valve
is great to work with, in my experience. Keep in
mind, you game should probably comport with their
core audience (core casual rather than soccer
moms) but aside from that, they have been great.

70% to developer, you retain price control, they
pay monthly on a 30 day cycle and in many cases
(I am not sure if they do this with everyone)
provide real time access to sales info.

Their distribution agreement is in plain English
and very even handed, rather than exploitive like
most of the stuff I look over for clients.

I'd give them an A for performance.

The only problem I have heard of is their
response time to enquiries. They are overloaded
and sometimes you need to send several emails to
get a response...at least that's what I have
heard several time recently..they respond to me
quickly, but I think that's due to my existing relationship with them.

Tom B

.At 05:26 AM 4/28/2009, you wrote:

>Hi.

>I thik this was asked before, but since many

>thinkgs have changed, including Valve's DRM libraries.

>Is someone from this list selling his/her game via Valve's Steam?

>I would like to know if it's a good way of

>independente game developers sell their games.

>Thanks.

>Jose

> Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! +Buscados

>http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

>Casual_Games at igda.org

>http://www.igda.org/casual-subscribe

>Archive: http://www.igda.org/casual-subscribe

>Archive Search:

>http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=010373383720242846960%3Az3tdwggxil8

>List FAQ:

>http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Casual_Games_SIG/Casual_Games_List_FAQ

¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤
Thomas H. Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
23133 Vashon Highway SW
Vashon WA 98070
Tel (206) 463-9200
Fax (206) 463-9290
http://www.gameattorney.com
TOLL FREE 888-848-GLAW
¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤

“There’s been this tradition in the [video-game]
industry that everybody gets screwed on their
first deal, I'm doing my best to make sure that
that becomes a historical anecdote instead of the way we do business.”
Tom Buscaglia, The Game Attorney - Lawyers Weekly, December 3, 2007.

Confidential: This email, including any
attachments, contains communications protected by
the attorney-client privilege and the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC §§ 2510, et
seq. If you do not expect such a communication
from Thomas H. Buscaglia, please delete this
message without reading it or any attachment, and
then notify Mr. Buscaglia at thb at gameattorney.com
of this inadvertent misdelivery.