[casual_games] How to find if a game's name is copyrighted?

Miguel Portilla miguelportilla at pobros.com
Thu Nov 5 13:38:25 EST 2009

Hi Jose,

Game names, which are trademarks, can be registered with the U.S. patent
office and abroad. You can try the U.S. patent and trademark website,
its free and it has a good search engine. You can also simply 'google'
the name. Be warned though that searching trademarks is an art and
requires in depth knowledge and skill. It is not enough to perform a
simple literal search. Try the methods I mentioned to quickly eliminate
obvious conflicts but ultimately I suggest you use a professional search
service or an intellectual property attorney. Legalzoom.com offers some
inexpensive trademark search services.

-Miguel