[casual_games] Steering Committee Call Notes 11/29

Dave Rohrl universedave at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:38:46 EST 2010

In attendance: Dave Rohrl, Joel Johnson, Vishal Gondal
Regrets: Michael Wyman, Michael Sorrenti
Absent: Alex Ionescu, Alfredo Chaves, Eli Barnett, Rex Sikora

India White Paper

- Vishal has been working with Nasscom (the largest software development
development organization in India) who have agreed to sign on as partners on
the white paper.
- A framework and a rough timeline should be ready in the next month or
so.
- We will target a release at GDC or Casual Connect Seattle if feasible,
otherwise we make look to an Indian conference.
- Dave will provide Vishal with the white paper framework he used in
2007/2008

Podcasts

- Dave and Joel have agreed to revive the podcast as an initiative.
- Dave will handle the content (with input/suggestions from the community
and the steering committee).
- Joel will handle the logistics (recording, editing, posting).
- Michael S will handle the publicizing (Casual SIG list, IGDA
perspectives newsletter)

Facebook Group

- Feedback on the idea of a Facebook group has been mixed.
- We will run a poll on the IGDA site (to be announced via the SIG
mailing list) to get feedback on Facebook vs. LinkedIn vs. email list vs.
some combination.

Misc

- Unless other members of the community and/or steering committee are
willing to step up, we are going to table the post-mortems initiative for
now.
- We will invite Gordon Bellamy (Exec Director, IGDA) and Ryan Arndt
(Community Manager, IGDA) to join the next few steering committee calls to
help keep the SIG looped in on IGDA and vice versa.

Questions/feedback/issues welcome.

Sincerely yours,
Dave Rohrl
Chair, IGDA Casual SIG Steering Committee