[casual_games] Jonathan Blow interview: Do you believe social games are evil? “Yes. Absolutely.”

Scott Hansen steg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 15 15:07:50 EST 2011

    Sorry, I don't buy it... first off, his example games show his bias, and his
ignorance of the genre. I've made more lasting acquaintances via the social
netwok games than I ever did in any MMO like WoW, where identities are masks and
I never know the real person, whereas playing social network games, where I not
only join forces with other players to accomplish goals, but I get to see into
their real lives... when was the last time you shared vacation photos, or pics
of the new baby with someone in WoW? He talks about board games at a party...
which means they are people you already know and have invited to your home;
where's the social expansion there? Evil my ass... just sounds more of the
bitter, elitist garbage that casual and social games have been faced with from
the AAA side of the industry.

S.