[game_edu] loopy Proposal - The Aggies!

Toby Barnes toby.barnes at pixel-lab.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 07:45:26 EST 2007

Hi
4 very quick things.

1. "Exclusive Announcement for IGDA list" :) - Games Edu returns for it's
third year in 2008. The International Event on Games Education - aimed at
not just the great courses, but for those who want to learn more from
educators as well as actual industry developers. http://Www.games-edu.co.uk
(not updated yet)
2. It will be happening in 2 locations, with 2 distinct programmes - March
Manchester, and July Brighton. There will be a discount to attend both, or
just pick one.
3. We are working with the Develop Awards to have a special education
Category. - Innovation in Education. Looking at the best course or
institution as valued by Industry - not just training but a solid
educational base. This will be in addition to a Games Edu dinner at the July
Event which may have an award theme. These events are supported by
Skillset, but we are always looking for additional sponsors.
4. I am also developing a Games Edu Linkedin Group (www.linkedin.com) - as
an alternative way to keep up to date with games edu - if you are not
already invite me to link in, and I will add you to the group.

Toby

Managing Director
PIXEL-LAB
Videogame & Digital Media Development Agency
Knowledge, Support and Connections
post:Katapult House, 28 Ashbourne Road, Derby, DE22 3AD
company reg #:05526667
web:www.pixel-lab.co.uk
mobile:07973480098
Office VOIP: 02071934058
SKYPE:tobybarnes
blog:pixellove.wordpress.com

IGDA Member;20051451
IGDA Education SIG Board Member www.igda.org/edu
CIN Board Member
DYNAMO LONDON ADVISOR
"Imagine if cinema had never outgrown imitating stage theatre?
How would you feel as a creator in that industry, knowing that so much
wonderful stuff could be done but isn't?" - Jean Paul Lebreton."
The information in this email is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by
persons other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.