[game_edu] G4C Fifth Annual Games for Change Festival in NYC

Alex Quinn alex at gamesforchange.org
Wed Apr 2 12:50:38 EDT 2008

The 2008 Fifth Annual Games for Change Festival early registration
launched today! Please join us at Parsons the New School for Design
in NYC for our annual event bringing together non-profits, educators,
game designers and activists of all stripes to explore the growing
movement and emerging field of games for social change.

We are pleased to announce our closing keynote this year will be the
Honorable Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, scheduled for 4pm on June 4th.

As well as leading scholars Jim Gee and Henry Jenkins in a keynote
conversation on June 3rd at 4:30pm.

Featured panelists include: Jim Gasperini, creator of Hidden Agenda
and Chris Crawford of Balance of Power and Balance of the Planet
fame; Ken Eklund, creator of World Without Oil; Michael Levine
Director of the Joan Ganz Cooney Center; Shelley Pasnick, head of the
Center for Children and Technology, Mary Flanagan Director of the
Tiltfactor Lab, Tracy Fullerton of USC's EA Innovation Lab, and
representatives from Participant Productions, the MacArthur and
Knight Foundations, PBS, and Electronic Arts, among many others.

You will find our usual excellent blend of provocative panels,
informal working groups, funders meetings, ample networking
opportunities and the ever-popular Expo Night where you can see - and
play - the new games firsthand, sponsored by Microsoft.

Check out the festival site here:
http://www.gamesforchange.org/conference/2008/index.php

And don't forget the pre-festival workshop for newbies on June 2nd.
We are happy to announce that this beginners workshop for non-profits
new to the field, Let The Games Begin: A 101 Workshop for Making
Social Issue Games was a MacArthur Foundation DML Competition award-
winner out of more than 1000 applicants! A separate registration for
that day will be available from the festival site on April 9th.

We are thankful for the generous contributions of our sponsors AMD
and Microsoft, as well as Parsons the New School for Design.

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Alex
Alex Quinn, Executive Director
Games for Change