[game_edu] Reel development how-to?

Beth Aileen Dillon beth.a.dillon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 00:45:42 EDT 2008

Does anyone know of where I can find technical how-to's from start to finish
for making a game art reel?

So for the first steps, how do you create and save the different types of
assets needed? What can you produce in Maya and what format do you export
as?�

Then step-by-step program directions (is iMovie the best choice?) for basics
and for adding a title, using transitions, and inserting music.

Then finally, what formats are best for DVD and/or web?

There's a heck of a lot of advice about what to include and all that jazz,
but I can't find any technical guidelines for things like those fly-around
views of environment art or rotating views of a model and how you'd export
all of that to edit it in something like iMovie. You can tell I'm obviously
a game writer and not a game artist here. Any help would be much
appreciated!

Thanks,
- Beth

--