[game_edu] Education Membership and Chapters?

Peter Border pborder at msbcollege.edu
Wed Apr 9 14:33:53 EDT 2008

I think that, at least in my area, there isn't sufficient interest to justify a separate educational chapter. I'm an officer in the local regular chapter, which we have recently revived from a previously moribund state. We get about 25 people a month at our meetings now, which is doing pretty well. But there just aren't enough educators showing up to justify a separate chapter.

BTW, I talked the administration at my school into hosting the meetings of the local IGDA chapter, which has turned out to be a good thing for everyone. IGDA gets to meet in a nice room, with wiFi, AV gear, and a big parking lot. The school gets some good publicity and my students get to talk to professionals. Everybody wins!

Pete Border

Pete Border
Programming and Game Development Co-coordinator
Minnesota School of Business
Richfield, MN
pborder at msbcollege.edu