[game_edu] Unreal Tournament 3 Editor

AkramTaghavi-Burris ataghaviburris at occc.edu
Wed Apr 16 10:48:59 EDT 2008

Hello All,
I have some issues working with the Unreal Tournament 3 Editor and was
hopping that some of you would have a solution.

We recently purchased Unreal Tournament 3 Editor for use in our Game
Level Design course, but it almost always crashes.

Major issues we seem to be running into include:

* Surfaces disappear when you click on them and only reappear if a
material is applied, even if it already had one on it.
* Sometimes the surface never reappears unless you exit the editor
and reopen.
* Crashes on build, even on simple rooms, that include just a box
and a light.
* Crashes in the middle of working on it.
* Lost of mouse cursor, it still there we can click on things, just
can's see it.

That seems to be the big issues. Our school is running the game on our
brand new dual quad core computers. However, we fear it might be
incompatible with our graphics card, which is a ATI Radeon X1800 series.

We've installed all the latests patches for the game and updated all the
drivers for the graphics card, but still no luck.

Any solutions or work around would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
--Akram Taghavi-Burris