[game_edu] Teaching Position (tenure-eligible) at Ithaca College in VideoProduction/Game Design and Production

Kim Gregson kimatiu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 17:29:19 EDT 2008

This is a little off topic - we're trying to get the
word out about our job to as wide an audience as
possible.

We have a new teaching position available where I
teach in video production/game design & production for
our new game design and immersive media major. We're
looking for someone with a strange mix of skills
because we want to give our game design students more
exposure to things like camera angle and lighting and
audio/sound effects and expose our video production
students to concepts used in the gaming world.

Feel free to contact me (Kim Gregson) if you have any
questions at kgregson at ithaca.edu or by phone at
607-274-7348. Please pass this message on to anyone
you think might be interested. It's a good place to
work - the new major has the support of the
administration and has funding for a new lab and
games/hardware for the students to use in classes.

Here's the text of the ad:

Tenure Eligible Position in Video Production/Game
Design & Production

This tenure eligible position in Video Production/Game
Design & Production starting August 16, 2008 offers
the successful applicant the opportunity to teach and
produce in one of the strongest undergraduate
communication programs in the country. The ideal
candidate will be equipped to create an environment
that encourages student learning, will have a
demonstrated record of professional accomplishment,
and will bring additional visibility to the
department, both within the college and nationally.
Serving as academic advisor to students and on
department, school, and college committees is also
expected.

Teaching responsibilities will include a mix of
classes in gaming and video production. This could
include motion graphics and animation, modeling and
rigging, audio for games, introduction to student
production, and introduction to field production. In
addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to
design new classes for the game design major.

MFA or Master's degree plus significant professional
experience in game development is required. College
level teaching experience is preferred. Experience
with Final Cut Pro and 3D animation is highly
desirable. A commitment to a liberal arts education
within a professional program is expected.

Interested individuals should apply online at
http://www.icjobs.org and attach a curriculum vita and
a cover letter. Questions about online applications
may be directed to the Office of Human Resource at
607-274-1207. Screening of applications will begin
immediately and will continue until the position is
filled.

Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse
academic community and encourages members of
underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that
contributes to the diversity of the college is
appreciated.