[game_edu] Games For Health conference announcement

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:53:49 EDT 2008

This is the final reminder that tickets are still available for the Games
for Health Conference 2008 in Baltimore, Maryland, on May 8-9.

Registration is currently $495.00 After May 1 the registration price rises
to $595.00.

You can register now at:

http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaID=146432

Full program schedule is at:

http://www.gamesforhealth.org/downloads/gfh-2008-schedule.pdf

May 7 Pre-Conference Workshops
On May 7th at the Hyatt Baltimore Inner Harbor we are offering two
$99.00-$129.00 day long pre-conference events:

Games Accessibility Day
http://www.gamesforhealth.org/archives/000221.html

Virtual Worlds & Health
http://www.gamesforhealth.org/archives/000220.html

You do NOT have to attend Games for Health to purchase and attend these
workshops individually.

We are excited about this year's event as our largest yet. To provide a
little more background here are 10 great conference highlights for this
year's event:

* 40+ sessions with 70+ speakers across eight different countries form our
largest conference faculty ever.
* Keynote panel featuring Humana, Kaiser Permanente, Cigna, and Inland
Empire Health Plan. This is the first ever major presence by major
healthcare and insurance industry organizations.
* Over 300 expected attendees from over 150 unique organizations including
government, academia, non-profit foundations, game developers, and
technology companies
* Sessions covering intersections with commercial games including World of
Warcraft (epidemiology), Bejewelled (stress management),
DanceDanceRevolution (exergaming), and more.
* Exclusive tracks on exergaming, brain health, and games for health
training.
* Demonstrations from mtvU/Kaiser Family Foundation, Linden Labs,
Federation of American Scientists, and Starlight Foundation
* Special sessions discussing game addiction as a treatable condition
* Research presentations on studies of exergaming, behavior change, and
design theory for health games
* Presentation of several game-hardware solutions for health including
specialized dance mats, robotic therapy tiles, accessibility hardware,
systems for hospitals, and exergaming
* Over 30+ expo demos including an entire exergaming expo sponsored by
Humana
Best,

Ben Sawyer

--
Susan Gold
goldfile at gmail.com

³In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!² - J. G. Ballard