[game_edu] Ad Hoc committee

Jim Bosco boscoiup at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 14:46:49 EST 2008

There are many existing models supporting Ian's comments.

For example, the wine industry in France is one of the most highly regulated
in the world.
This has allowed them to consistently produce quality products for
centuries.

However, rules, guidelines, and restrictions are the fundamental building
blocks that wall off creativity and imagination.

It is this barrier to innovation that has allowed American wine makers to
quickly close the gap and in many cases surpass their European counterparts.

Sorry about the wine metaphor but it is Friday and I'm certain it is 5
o'clock somewhere.

The point is, I would exercise extreme caution before introducing any type
of accreditation process that might limit the diversity and therefore
potential of our product.

~Pub Ed.
www.shifted21.blogspot.com