[game_edu] Ad Hoc committee

Mark Baldwin mark at baldwinconsulting.org
Sun Mar 2 14:57:36 EST 2008

Hi,

(Note, I'm on board ship at the same conference as Susan. We are sailing
off the coast of Cuba as I write this, and yes the ship has Internet,
although it is expensive. Just talked to her and she's prepping for a
presentation on the IGDA framework in a couple of hours).

I would like to put my two cents here. I don't think the IGDA has the
resources to accomplish accreditation, and there are a number of big and
scary problems associated with such accreditation that have been brought up
by a number of individuals. But I do like Scott's comments on the idea of
a published checklist that gives the prospective customer a framework from
which to ask questions and make their own evaluations. This is a much more
manageable goal, and one I believe could be effective yet flexible. It
allows the prospective student to evaluate the school not based on a fixed
criteria but instead on what the customer is interested in.

I would encourage looking in that direction.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Lewis Baldwin

Game Design and Development