[game_edu] Another Book Announcement

Ian Schreiber ai864 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 12:34:46 EDT 2008

Last year there was some great discussion on this list about low-tech game design exercises that could be used in a game design class. I had taught a course that was *nothing but* these execises, and when talking to Brenda Brathwaite I found that she had done the same. So, we decided to write it all up in book form.

The book is called "Challenges for Game Designers" and consists of over a hundred low-tech exercises (most requiring no technology at all, a few asking for something simple like a Web browser, but none requiring any software development).

We announced the book for the first time at GDC (has it really been a month already?), and I wanted to mention it here as well. It should be up on Amazon soon. It's set to ship this Summer.

The ISBN is 1-58450-580-X. If you are a teacher and would like to request a desk copy, you can do so from www.course.com. If you'd like to pre-order from the publisher directly, you can do so from http://www.courseptr.com/ptr_detail.cfm?&isbn=1%2D58450%2D580%2DX

- Ian