[game_edu] Where to post academic job offers?

"José P. Zagal" jp at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 20 10:02:19 EDT 2008

Mark Baldwin wrote:

> And what I keep coming up with are two fields. The first is TV and

> Film, and the second is Literature. Certainly, I cannot imagine how

> computer science or graphic art would qualify an individual to teach

> game design.

Well, if an important aspect of game design is understanding processes
and systems, then it isn't far fetched to make the association with
computer science - which is also essentially about understanding and
specifying processes.

I do agree however that experience designing games, playing games,
reading about games, are essential. You'd be surprised at the number of
people who "teach games", but don't actually play any themselves.

--
José Pablo Zagal
Georgia Institute of Technology