[game_edu] Where to post academic job offers?

Tim Langdell langdell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 11:30:16 EDT 2008

>> What I'm interested in is: what does an MFA in Game Design program look like?

Scott, here is what our MFA program looks like:
http://www.nu.edu/Academics/Schools/SOMC/Media/degrees/VideoGame.html

It was designed with four key 'student populations' in mind: game industry employees seeking a terminal degree; game educators seeking a terminal degree; film and television producers seeking to re-train for the game industry; 'regular' graduates from any discipline who are interested in entering the game industry in a non-entry-level position in either game production or game design. We also have a matching bachelors program in Digital Entertainment and Interactive Arts for those who need to complete their undergraduate degree before enrolling in the MFA, and it has four concentrations ('minors') in game art & animation, game design, cinematic arts and digital design/web development (so is suitable for those going on to our masters in Educational Technology or our MFA in Digital Cinema, or a career in new media/web design etc., too).

Tim Langdell, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Lead Faculty, MFA in Videogame Production & Design
Department of Media
School of Media & Communication
National University
tlangdell at nu.edu