[game_edu] Where to post academic job offers?

Brenda Brathwaite bbrathwa at scad.edu
Thu Mar 20 21:16:45 EDT 2008

This is such a wonderful thread. I've been reading it while on the road, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

There's a point I've yet to see made, and that's about the value of academia to practicing game designers. While I was full-time in the industry, I was in a lead role for nearly 15 years. During that time, I had precious little time to stop and study and think beyond the bounds of whatever commercial project I was working on. Academia has allowed me tremendous freedom to study games on a deep level, and it has made me a better designer, I think.

If any of you caught my OneHundredDogs presentation at the Game Design Challenge this year, I would credit a lot of its funkiness and innovative components to being an academic/industry person, and I don't know that I would have come up with something like that otherwise.

Brenda Brathwaite
Game Designer
Chair, Interactive Design and Game Development
Savannah College of Art and Design
www.scad.edu
blog: bbrathwaite.wordpress.com