[game_edu] Conference paper reviewers needed for Game Studies SIG of ICA 2009

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 18:55:06 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm hoping that you will consider volunteering to review papers for
the Game Studies special interest group of the International
Communication Association, for the 2009 conference in Chicago.

ICA is one of the biggest conferences in the field of Communication,
and attracts very high quality work. The SIG gets a wide range of
interesting research papers within the larger context of communication
research and studies. This includes quantitative studies (surveys,
experiments, and the like) and various forms of qualitative and
theoretical work as well. Last year we had some fascinating games-
related papers on work ranging from designing wii games for
preschoolers to studying the impact of videogames on violence.

If you agree to review, it's a chance to see some of the latest
findings in this sub-area of Game Studies, and to share your valuable
perspective with the authors. You can let us know what sorts of things
you feel qualified to read, so that we don't send you something that
is way out of your area.

There's no need to join the ICA, or to attend the conference, to review.

You simply create an identity for yourself in the ICA web login
system, then volunteer to review for the conference. To do so, go to
http://www.icahdq.org/
and choose the link under Conferences that says 2009 Conference
paper site, click it, and then you will be asked to search for
yourself in the system (and of course you won't find yourself), then
choose to add yourself as a paper submitter (you can then agree to be
a reviewer at a later screen without needing to submit a paper).

If you are willing, we'd very much appreciate having your thoughts
about our papers! We get more and more every year, and need as many
reviewers as possible! Please sign up BEFORE OCTOBER 15.

Papers will go out November 7, and I ask that reviews be in by
December 1.

Thanks for considering it!

Katherine Isbister, Vice Chair, ICA Game Studies Special Interest Group
--
Susan Gold
goldfile at gmail.com

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde