[game_edu] (no subject)

Andrew Smith iceace17 at msn.com
Thu Apr 9 16:30:40 EDT 2009

Check out game developer magazine this month. There is a great article about games and art.

Andrew Smith
www.SmithAnimation.com

Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:27:37 -0700
From: creativetruth at yahoo.com
To: game_edu at igda.org
Subject: [game_edu] (no subject)

Hello All,

I am interested in referrals regarding any recent articles, papers, journals, books, etc., which discuss why video games are more akin to art than to say, for example, functional computer interfaces.

Specifically, I would love to hear about any resources you are aware of that would afford video games greater copyright protection as expressive, audiovisual works. Anything you can suggest that would liken games to other art forms, i.e. literature, movies, television etc would be of particular interest to me.