[game_edu] [JOB] changed to discussion

Susan Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 13:37:03 EDT 2009

Well thank you everyone for your opinions - I am going to see if the
job board that Darius pointed to can be implemented on the new IGDA
site - which will be a Drupal site. I think it is as easy as an embed,
or we can just point to a page off the site. The job board he has is
super easy and you can post and view openings based on how they are
tagged, it also supports RSS feeds - you can be notified of updates.
Which is another thing that I am adding to our new site, an aggregate
of RSS feeds to pertinent game education blogs, links and news. I
would really like to see if our site could become a more central part
of our organization. So lets, take this one step further, is anyone
interested in helping to make the website a better resource? Drupal
provides us with the ability to take surveys & polls, utilize a
calendar, forums, blogs - job board. It will also continue to allow us
to post slides, videos etc... from conferences. I'd love to see a
newsletter of sorts - but again, what do you need?

http://tinyurl.com/igdaedsig

I have created a little survey to help answer some of the what we need/
want questions. Please answer the questions by 31 August, 2009 and
hopefully we'll be able to put that together. Not to sound like a
skipping record, but if you would like to take on helping create the
new improvements, please email me. I am sure there is a lot we can do
together.

Susan
--
Susan Gold
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!