[game_edu] Definition of a Game

Darius Kazemi darius.kazemi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:56:48 EST 2009

I have yet to see a reasonable defense of what Wittgensteinian
language-games have to do with video games, except that they both use the
word "game." It seems like a false equivocation, like thinking game theory
in the mathematical sense has anything to do with game design in any sense
larger than "sometimes you can design a game based around a situation that
can be described by game theory."

-Darius