[game_edu] Definition of a Game

Ian Schreiber ai864 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 17:03:44 EST 2009

There is no single definition. Salen & Zimmerman's "Rules of Play" lists no less than nine (including its own), and also includes a discussion of why all definitions are bound to be flawed. Our Curriculum Framework offers a tenth definition, which came from me just throwing something at the wall and no one speaking up to shoot it down :)
There's no "official" IGDA definition that I know of, other than that.

- Ian